Transport BSO artists and equipment between hotels, airports, Joseph Meyerhoff Symphony Hall, Music Center at Strathmore, and other locations; Driving BSO vehicles, including a 15 passenger van.
2 part time positions are available; average of 15 – 30 hours/week.
- Maintain awareness of being the first point of contact with the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra
- Pick up and drop off artists and/or equipment safely and efficiently, following traffic regulations at all times
- Load and unload luggage, musical instruments and other equipment as needed—into and out of vehicles.
- Ensure vehicles are clean and well-maintained.
- Maintain regular communication with the Artistic department.
- Maintain strict confidentiality at all times regarding information shared by artists, BSO employees and others while driving, onstage backstage or elsewhere while on or off duty.
- Maintain discretion at all times; only create conversation with artists if and when the person being driven engages you in conversation. Do not answer questions of which you are not sure.
- Other duties as requested by Artist Coordinator or other members of the Artistic department, including but not limited to setting up dressing rooms.
- Valid U.S. Drivers License required
- Clean driving record
- Familiar with Baltimore area, freeway system, traffic patterns and good with directions/maps.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive situations with excellent judgement and discretion
- Available to work a flexible schedule, including days, nights and overtime hours.
- Ability to speak, read and write in English.
- Professional demeanor and well-groomed appearance.
- Maintain working cell-phone number that can be distributed to guest-artists for transportation communication.
- Able to lift up to 30 pounds and drive for extended periods.
Please send resume, cover letter and salary history to: firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.