|Employer:||Baltimore Symphony Orchestra|
|Supervisor:||Derek A. Johnson, Senior Marketing Manager|
|Address:||1212 Cathedral St., Baltimore, MD 21201|
|Term:||2015 Spring Semester|
|Compensation:||$50/week and/or college credit|
|Hours:||15-20 hours per week|
The BSO’s marketing department promotes the many aspects of the world-class Baltimore Symphony Orchestra. The BSO presents nearly 160 concerts throughout the season across a diverse range of series including SummerFest, Off the Cuff, Classical Saturdays, SuperPops and mid-week education concerts serving public, private schools and home-school students in Baltimore, Baltimore City, Montgomery, Prince George’s and Howard counties.
The marketing intern’s projects will include, but are not limited to:
- Developing and implementing promotions and partnerships to generate ticket sales
- Maintaining concierge desk and materials
- Assisting in the execution of subscriber retention, loyalty and recognition programs
- Researching projects
- Proofreading print advertising and collateral materials
- Clipping BSO print advertisements for archives
- Coordinating e-marketing projects
- Pursuing group sales opportunities
- Developing campaigns for student and young professionals initiatives
- Supporting marketing initiatives at concerts
The marketing intern will also assist with administrative and general marketing duties, and at times, will support the BSO Marketing Department at both venues, including The Music Center at Strathmore in North Bethesda, Maryland.
The marketing intern is supervised by the Manger of Single Ticket Sales and assists in all marketing needs. The intern is eligible for complimentary tickets when available.
Candidates should possess strong writing, organizational and interpersonal skills and have an interest in gaining valuable and direct experience in the marketing department of a major performing arts organization. College students at the junior, senior and graduate levels studying marketing, public relations or communication are preferred. Please include a list of completed relevant coursework as well as whether college credit will be requested for this internship.
Candidates must submit a resume and cover letter to djohnson@BSOmusic.org by December 12, 2014. No phone calls, please.
The Baltimore Symphony Orchestra is an equal opportunity employer.