OrchKids Lockerman-Bundy Elementary
OrchKids at Lockerman-Bundy Elementary School
Neighborhood: Harlem Park
Children Enrolled: 240
Grades Served: Pre-K – 8
Year Established: September 2009
Site Coordinator: Camille Delaney-McNeil
Lockerman-Bundy Elementary School is OrchKids’ West Baltimore Hub Site and has been since the second year of the program (2009). It houses all ability levels, from first-year instrumentalists through the program’s top ensembles. OrchKids at Lockerman-Bundy strives to provide foundational music training for the program’s instrumentalists and performance ensembles.
What Happens at Lockerman-Bundy
Musicianship classes for grades Pre-K – 2 (two 45-minute classes per week):
- Comprehensive ear training
- Rhythm and tonal training
- Introduction to Music Theory
Group Lessons, Ensemble Rehearsals, Performance Ensemble Rehearsals:
- 1st year instrumentalists receive group instruction (4 days/week)
- 2nd year instrumentalists start preparing for Orchestra in Wind and String Ensembles (5 days/week)
- 3rd year and up instrumentalists participate in Orchestra (5 days/week)
- All students participate in choir rehearsals
- Performance Bucket Band: 12-15 OrchKids audition to participate in the performing Bucket Band Ensemble. Bucket Band is frequently contracted for local and national performances.
- Performance Choir: 30-40 students audition to participate in the OrchKids Performing Choir. This choir is often contracted for local and national performances.
- Chamber Music: (Established 2013) OrchKids in their 5th year or more are selected to form small chamber ensembles that perform together for various events and concerts.
Lockerman-Bundy Elementary School
301 North Pulaski Street
Baltimore, MD 21223