Governing Members Frequently Asked Questions
Who are the Governing Members?
- A constituency imbued with a passionate love of symphony music and deep commitment to sustaining and enhancing it for succeeding generations
- A major BSO fundraising arm
- A social group interested in BSO performances as well as the social counterpart offered in the Comcast Lounge and elsewhere
- A BSO music appreciation and advocacy group
- An organization predisposed to volunteerism (at the discretion of each member)
- A group of community leaders with a direct link to BSO Musicians and Administration
How can I become a Governing Member?
- An annual contribution of $3,000 or more
- Appointment as a GM is renewed every year and is linked to maintaining one's annual financial contribution
What are the benefits of becoming a Governing Member?
- Admission to the Comcast Lounge before the concert and during intermission
- VIP ticket ordering for BSO events and Complimentary Ticket Exchange
- Invitations to catered, pre-concert Allegretto dinners
- Invitations to On-Stage Rehearsals
- Meet and Greet opportunities with Musicians and Guest Artists
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Networking opportunities with other Governing Members
- Special year long recognition in Applause
- and more!
Check out the membership page to see the full list of benefits for Governing Members at Strathmore.
"All my working life I thought I 'should' go to the Kennedy Center for symphony concerts but just couldn’t get myself to make the effort. Then, the Strathmore Music Center was built and brought the Baltimore Symphony into my own backyard. First, we took one subscription; then, a second and a third. As a bonus, we found that by joining the Symphony Society and then becoming Governing Members, we formed rewarding new social friendships and even relationships with BSO staff and musicians. Supporting the BSO has become a significant and valuable part of our lives."
- David Nickels
"We have been proud to support the BSO as Governing Members since 2006. In doing so, we know we are supporting a world class orchestra which, under Maestra Alsop, defines 'outreach' for so many diverse groups, such as the young people who benefit from the OrchKids and OrchLab programs and the “seasoned” amateurs who participate in the Rusty Musicians and the BSO Academy programs. Through its critical efforts, the BSO enriches our communities and sustains the importance of music and the arts to thousands of people, regardless of whether they can attend performances at Strathmore or Meyerhoff."
- John and Susan Warshawsky
For more information about the Governing Members, please contact:
Manager of Annual Giving, BSO at Strathmore